Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Designer Of The Week: Christian Siriano

















Christian Siriano


Celebrities In Christian Siriano


Heidi Klum

Mena Suvari



CariDee English


The Pussycat Dolls

I had the pleasure of meeting Christian Siriano, who is the winner of season four of Project Runway, last week at his private trunk show at the fabulous Helen Yi Boutique in Chicago. I could kick myself because I changed bags and left my camera in my other bag but anyway I was totally blown away from all of the gorgeous and unique pieces that was on display.

Christian wore his trademark skinny jeans paired with a black tee and vest. He is a tiny little thing and surprisingly he was kind of shy in person but extremely nice. He actually complimented me on my black and gold bubble statement necklace that I purchase from J- Crew but it looks a Lanvin piece.

His Fall collection consisted of sophisticated garments of silk charmeuse ruffled blouses in chartreuse, chocolate and some had adorable split sleeves. His alpaca pouf sleeves coats felt like butter and were magnificent on. Trousers consist of silk wide-leg and satin skinny pantsuit. This collection was edgy but at the same time wearable. He also have a sensational line of shoes coming out in Fall for Payless but trust me they don't cheap at all!

Chrisitian Siriano is one of the best up-and- coming designers with amazing skills and talent. A great deal of people just thought he was a bunch of hype and boy were they wrong!

4 comments:

April said...

I would love to meet him in person. Lucky you:)!

Anonymous said...

His work is amazing! I didn't see one garment that I didn't love.

Connie said...

I am so jealous of you right now. I had to work so I couldn't make it. What did you wear diva?

Liberian Girl said...

I miss you at the event Connie. I wore my dark blue curvy Citizen jeans, black pouf sleeves Oscar de la Renta blouse and my favorite YSL patent slingback platforms with a funky black and gold ruched Kooba clutch.