Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Project Runway: Nature Calls

The Top Two Designers

This week challenge the designers had to use nature for their inspiration. Jerell was the winner with this beautiful taffeta embellished dress. Even though it wasn't executed to perfection, the judges thought it was the best.


I actually loved Leanne soft feminine lavender gown. The back of the gown was off center and a little messy but she was the winner in my eyes.

The Bottom Two Designers

I didn't think my Liberian Diva Korto's dress was that bad but I have to admit it did look like a beauty pageant dress. The dress was made beautifully as always but her choice of satin and lace was a terrible choice for a modern dress. I still love Korto and I know she is going to win this thing! Divas like us always get-up when we get knock down because we have God on our side!


I can't stand Kenley! This B*tch gets under my skin to no end! She is so annoying and obnoxious. At first I actually like this reptile dress but her horrendous attitude made me hate this dress. She is a one trick pony and this dress had nothing to do with the challenge.

I apologize for not recapping last week on the "Rock N' Runway" episode with LL Cool J but I was extremely busy last week but I am so delighted my Liberian Diva Korto won the challenge for her punk look and poor Suede got booted off for his lackluster rocker ensemble. One of my best consignors brought in 200 pieces of fabulous Chanel, Stella McCartney and John Galliano and I was working around the clock to get it out on the floor but never- the- less I am back. This week episode was emotional and I am still crying! The designers had to created an evening dress inspired by the beautiful Botanical Garden in New York. It was so gorgeous with amazing flowers and plants. Since Kenley continues to be an a**hole and disrespectful to everyone, all the designers cannot stand her and wants her out of the competition. Kenley forgot her tulle at the fabric store and Jerell and Korto refuse to let her use theirs, I thought that was a little childish but I probably would had done the same. I do have to say that I was not really blown away with any of the designers ensemble. What Happen? Maybe they needed a little more time but this is the chance they have been waiting for all their lives and they drop the fabric swatch on this one. The guess judge was the stunning Georgina Chapman from Marchesa and she was hardly impress. Kenley was once again offensive and rude to any criticism and broke down that she had to fight all of her life. Honey, that is no excuse, I am an African -American woman, I have to fight everyday for equality but I am not rude to everyone! The judges decided to give the designers another chance and only three of them will go on to Bryant Park. I know my girl Korto will be in the top three once again because Divas like us never give up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Chicago and I love designer resale stores, where is yours located?

Anonymous said...

My store is called Selections located in Lincoln Park at 2152 N. Clybourn. We have designers ranging from Theory,Phillip Lim to Gucci and Chanel. Everything is current and in excellent condition. I know I sound like a commericial but it's true.

Anonymous said...

I have been a customer for over 12 years and I love the store because it looks like a boutique and the clothes are in excellent condition. Selections was recently featured in the Chicago's Indigo newspaper and I am kind of mad because everyone is going to find out about my best kept secret.