Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fabulous Resort 2011 Collections

Oscar de la Renta

J. Mendel


Rachel Roy

Carolina Herrera

Badgley Mischa


Monique Lhillier

Zac Posen

Malandrino

Naeem Khan

Louis Vuitton

Bottega Veneta

Alexander Wang

I didn't know what resort was till 1998 working as a personal shopper at Neiman Marcus and it was the dead of winter and my clients wanted resort garments for their trip to the south of France and the Caribbean islands. While we were shoving ten inches of snow, the rich and famous were off for the winter looking fabulous. No, it's not the same as being on a cheesy cruise eating an all you can eat buffet!

Resort is all about delicious colors and feminine silhouettes. Oscar de la Renta and Carolina Herrera are the King and Queen of resort wear because their clientele are known for relaxing with a drink in their hand around the pool. Marc Jacobs took a more chic and lay back approach to his stunning Louis Vuitton collection. Alexander Wang stayed true to himself and made beautiful sculptural pieces.

I hate the winter months in Chicago. I longed to get away for at least a week to avoid the horrendous snow for some sun especially if I can take some of these pieces with me!

1 comment:

Dina's Days said...

If only I looked this this while on vacation. And I laughed out loud at your "all you can eat buffet" comment