Thursday, May 13, 2010

American Next Top Model Cycle 14 Winner: Krista White





Legendary Model Naomi Sims

I swear I must be the only one who still watches America's Next Top Model. I gave up on the show about two years ago but when I heard one of my fashion icons Andre Leon Talley would be a judge on Cycle 14(it seems like cycle 100), I knew I had to tune in and I am so delighted I did. This season by far was the best talent since cycle 3 with "Eva The Diva", Yaya and Toccara.

Krista modeling skills by far was the best for an amateur. She started off weak than she blew the competing out of the water with her unique attention to her body moments. She won four challenges in a row for her stunning photos. Andre Leon Talley repeatedly compared her to the late legendary Naomi Sims who was a supermodel in the sixties.

Tyra Banks has been criticize because most of the winners never really make it big in the modeling field after the show. In her defense, it's up to the model to work hard for her own success but than again, I do feel Tyra can do a little bit more for their careers. Krista is very high fashion, dedicated and determined so I am certain that I will see her on the catwalk.

Krista wanted to be a voice for all the dark-skin girls who thought they were not attractive because of their skin tone. With all the music videos and tv programs showcasing our light skin counterparts, I know it's hard for chocolate girls to feel beautiful when they don't see themselves on the main screen. Well, I am here to tell you that you are stunning and I will kill for some gorgeous chocolate skin!

No comments: