Monday, February 15, 2010

Arise Africa Fall 2010



BLACK COFFEE


















DEOLA SAGOE


















Showing for the third consecutive season at Bryant Park, Arise Africa is a culture success. The magazine always celebrate African achievements in fashion and the arts. I look forward to this show because I get to see all the stunning models like Sessilee Lopez, Chanel Iman, Arlenis Sosa, Oluchi Onweagba, Kinee Diouf and Ataui Deng.

South African Designers Jacques Van Der Watt and Danica Lepen of Black Coffee blew me away with their spectacular runway show. The sculptural pleated and ruffled voluminous coats were to die for. I want one in every single color. I have to get my hands on one of those stunning creations.

Nigerian designer Deola Sagoe funky pieces were also to die for. I loooove the military bold shoulder jackets and the multi colored striped peak shoulders dress. The evening gowns were strictly old Hollywood glamour. She is a master of textured and mixing feminine with masculine pieces. Sagoe garments are unique and innovative. I could definitely see Rihanna rocking this collection.

1 comment:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

JESUS THOSE JACKETS WITH THE LAYERS COMING OFF THE SHOULDERS..PLEASE MAY I HAVE ONE IN YELLOW!