Sunday, July 10, 2011

2011 BAFTA Brit To Watch


The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge hosted the "2011 BAFTA One To Watch" event in Los Angeles and Jennifer Lopez broke protocol by wearing with this sexy number and I am looooving it!

Hot, hot and beyond hot! Jennifer Lopez looks stunning as ever in her teal embellished Emilio Pucci cut-out dress.

When I first view this dress on Joan Smalls for the Fall 2011 runway, I was hoping a true diva would rock this sexy silhouette.

I know many of you guys think this dress is totally inappropriate for this event and JLO wanted to up-stage Catherine.

I admit this would have been better for the Grammys but a diva like her doesn't abide by anyone rules. I am sorry but just like Naomi, she can up-stage her with a pair of torn jeans and a white t-shirt.

This is not England and I am sorry we don't bow down to William and Catherine. Please, my royal couple is Will and Jada Smith!

I am glad she wore something vibrant and fun. I am soooo bored with Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wardrobe and I needed this punch!

She completed her look with soft curls and Lena Erziak gold clutch.

What do you guys think about Jennifer's dress at this particular event?


Blake Lively opted for a more demure look in this gorgeous ethereal silver chiffon Marchesa one-shouldered embroidered dress.

She completed her look with a messy up-do, amazing diamond flower Lorraine Schwartz earrings and floral embroidered Christian Louboutin heels.


Catherine, Duchess of Cambrige wore a lovely( code for boring) lavender draped Alexander Mcqueen dress.

I was thinking to myself, how can you make Alexander McQueen look sooo boring?

Don't get me wrong, she looks beautiful but where is her personality in these clothes? I have a feeling she is just a puppet in this royal world.

The late Princess Diana was the same way at first until she broke free and became an amazing fashion icon. I hope Catherine follows in her fashion footsteps.


This is the first time in a while that Nicole Kidman actually made me take notice. I usually just glance at her photos and say meh.

She looks incredible in her metallic draped back Elie Saab dress. I know she is about 6 feet tall but I wished the dress was a little longer.

Her hair is somewhat polished so I am delighted.


Jennifer Garner is another one of those "meh" girls.

She really doesn't do anything for me but this time she looks sensational in her navy YSL one-shouldered dress. It's beyond elegant and sophisticated.

Loose curls and a metallic clutch completed her look.


Gugu Mbatha-Row looks sensational in her navy embellished Reem Acra draped dress.

She completed her look with a side swept up-do and gold clutch.


Elizabeth Banks took an edgy approach in her white and gold one-shouldered Versace thigh-split dress.

I really don't understand her twelve year old side ponytail. I prefer a simple pulled back hair with this dress.

She completed her look with a gold clutch and heels.


Maria Bello looks fantastic in her pewter metallic Donna Karan braided one-shouldered dress.

I adore her messy up-do and beautiful earrings to finished off her look.


Anna Kournikova looks wonderful in her teal one-shoulder Tadashi Shoji ruffled dress.

I must address her atrocious hair. Really? Did she think a five year old ponytail was the right choice for this dress?


Zooey Deschanel went against the grain and opted for a delightful gold brocade tea length Oscar de la Renta dress.

I normally like wild hair but it just didn't work with this delicate silhouette.

7 comments:

Connie said...

I totally disagree with you. I am Latin and I dress classic and conservative but most Latin women feel the need to wear sexy and too tight clothes. This dress was too revealing for this event.

We get it Jennifer, you have a great body but you don't have to show it off ALL the time.

Anonymous said...

Are u kidding me? I am Latin and I don't see anything wrong with this dress. If she was at the White House, it would be inappropriate. This is a party in Hollywood hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge not an event at Buckingham palace.

Jasmin said...

Jennifer has absolutely no class. This was a classy event and the dress was tacky.

amber said...

I believe we live in America and not Afganistan. She can wear whatever she wants.

Delores said...

That is not the point. Will you wear a bathing suit to a wedding?

There is a place and time for everything. Jennifer's dress was not appropriate for this elegant event.

It just shows that she wanted to be center of attention. It was Catherine's night and not hers and she needed to respect that.

Mimi said...

Jennifer looks outstanding in that dress. Why should she change for anyone? I rather be hot than boring.

By the way, I love your blog.

The House Of Fabulous said...

Thank you Mimi. I agree with all of you guys comments but Jennifer Lopez always been about sexy silhouettes and she certainly not going to change for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!