Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Thisday Presents Africa Rising

Momo Collection






Fati Mohammed Asibelua (Designer)


Deola Sagoe Collection


Deola Sagoe (Designer)


Chris Arie Jewelery


Chris Arie (Designer)

Thisday African Rising founder Nduka Obaigbena wanted everyone to view Africa beyond the stereo-types they see in the media and to know that Africa is full of intelligent, beautiful and creative people. The wonderful event was featured in Washington D.C. showcasing leading African-Americans designers and supermodels. The Nigerian designers Fati Mohammed Asibelua "Momo" and Deloa Sagoe garments were innovative and stunning! I would wear every piece in their collections. My favorite models such as Liya Kebede, Oluchi and Alek Wek modeled in the fashion show and my baby Tyson Beckford was looking scrumptious as usual. J-zay and John Legend were also among the A-list performers for this auspicious event. I am a Liberian and I am extremely proud to see my fellow Africans represent Africa in a positive way!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved all the designs in the fashion show. African designers are just as good as the European and American designers.

missjall said...

These fashions left me breathless...BEAUTIFUL!!!