Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Democratic National Convention:Michelle Obama




Michelle Obama looked absolutely stunning in this simple chic green Maria Pinto dress adorned with a fabulous brooch. Malia, 10 and Sasha, 7 are too adorable. I remember them running around in my boutique when Malia was only 6 and Sasha was only 3 years old. Michelle gave the keynote speech of the first day of the Democratic National Convention and she brought literally tears to my eyes with her speech. She was authentic, graceful and speaking straight from the heart. She spoke for all Americans. She focused on family values and equality for everyone. Her father was a blue collared worker while her mother was a stay at home mom. They taught her intrigue and showed her education and hard work can get a south side Chicago native like herself to the top in America. She spoke about Barack Obama being raised by a single mother and also working hard for the American dream. Republicans said she is an elitist and she is not proud of her country. I know they are eating their words and shaking in their racist boots tonight! I pray everyone will get out and vote because this is history in the making and we all are apart of it. Michelle Obama makes every African-American woman proud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Sasha was so cute at the end talking to Barack while he was on the big screen. It was a priceless moment.

missjall said...

Tears,Tears,and more Tears is all I can say.I had my 10 month old baby watching this like he understood..Oh well I explain it to him when he understands better!!
It was so so Moving.