Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Project Runway:Rings of Glory

Top Three

My Liberian Diva Korto won with this chic athletic with a touch of leather ensemble for the Olympic challenge. Korto is simply fabulous! Korto and her family fled Liberia in 1990 because of the brutal civil war which lasted over 14 years. America is her new home so this challenge was dear to her heart. I pray daily for Liberia and thank God for our new president Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf who is turning Liberia into a thriving country once again.


Teri whipped this three-piece suit within one day like "she had a sweat shop under her desk" as Leanne said or was it Jennifer. They both look so much alike. I loved it to death! It was totally Ralph Lauren meets the Olympics. Sorry Korto but she was the winner in my book.


Joe's athletic outfit was extremely adorable! Even though I detest skorts and feel they only belong on the streets of Iowa or Ohio but it was perfect for this challenge.


One Of My Favorites

I loved this crisp look from Leanne!

The Bottom Three

Jennifer obviously was in la la land when Tim Gunn gave the contestant the challenge of designing the opening ceremony ensemble for the summer Olympic. Did she think he said design a boring ensemble for the 1920's summer Olympic games? I am just so glad she is gone so I can stop confusing her with Leanne!



I almost fell out of my seat when Michael Kors said the model was from the "Republic of Cocktail Land". What the hell was Daniel thinking? This 1940's boogie oogie girl look does not have anything to do with the Olympics! He had the nerves to say the dress was blue when Stevie Wonder can see it was purple.

Jerell needed his ass kicked for this foolishness! She looks like Little Bow Peep on crack. I am sorry but his ass deserved to get the ax for this ridiculous costume. Can you imagine any Olympic star rocking this hot mess?


This week the contestant had to design an American inspired ensemble for the opening ceremony for the Olympic USA team for the summer games. One would think that this would be a simple challenge but some designers did not have a clue and created foolishness! Most of the designers were so arrogant believing they can created anything they want totally ignoring the challenge. The guest judge was five time medalist Apolo Ohno and he is fine!

No comments: