Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Fashion Show Finale Runway Show: What A Shocker!


RECO







All I can say is what the hell? I am certain most of you guys were shocked when they eliminated Reco from the competition. I just knew he would win or at least be the runner-up.

Reco's collection was vibrant and feminine as usual. He was inspired by the Aztec South American culture. I do have to admit that his collection was all over the place and it wasn't fashion forward nor intricate which is what Reco is known for. Deep in my heart, I kind of knew he was going to be eliminated but I was praying that he would make it through. I am dying to know what you guys think.

DANIELLA







First of all, I would like to say Daniella is wrong for that hideous song she produced for her runway show. The egotistic perfectionist designer collection was young, modern, androgynous and fabulous.

Daniella was inspired by medieval Japanese armour body pieces. Her collection consist of leather, mesh and bold shoulder pieces.Daniella is obsess with thin models so therefore her collection is not versatile. If you are over 25 and not skinny please avoid her collection.

ANNA







Anna's collection made me smile because it was full of delicious colors and sleek as ever. It's was sweet and wearable.

She was inspired by the painting The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch. The painting is a masterpiece of vibrate whimsical colors. Even though her collection was not cohesive, it was still youthful.

JAMES-PAUL





I grew up with avant garde designers like Comme des Garcons, Norma Kamalli and Yohji Yamamoto so I appreciate James Paul collection. Even though it was a little dark, his craftsmanship blew me away.

James Paul concept was centered on indigenous people wearing western garments. The pieces were draped and had multi purposes. Granted it wasn't made for the average woman and that's kind of why I love about it.

Since my baby Reco didn't make it, I voted for James-Paul because of his unique version and he is adorable. I just want to put him in my pocket and pat him all day long. We will find out the winner next week so please vote for your favorite designer at Bravotv.com.

No comments: