Thursday, December 25, 2008

Best Hair and Make-Up of 2008


Gabrielle Union

Sanaa Lathan

Kerry Washington

Iman

Rihanna

Jennifer Lopez

Eva Longoria

Jennifer Hudson

Eva Marcille

Aisha Tyler

Hair and make-up is just as important as your wardrobe. I beg of you if you are wearing hair-extensions, please make sure it looks natural and it's the correct color tone for your complexion and please do not apply tons of unnecessary hair on your head. If you are still gluing the extensions on your head and not sewing the hair in, it's time to seek professional help for that foolishness! I will also scream if I see another ghetto asymmetrical haircut on a sister. My number one pet peeve is an atrocious weave! If you are rocking the natural locks or twist like myself, there is no excuse to walk around like you just got out of the underground railroad. I always have to look my best even if I am going to the grocery store. I don't expect you to have on a full face all the time but at least slap on some powder and lip gloss!

The purpose of make-up is to enhance your beauty and not to turn you into another person. Women of color are natural beauties. We do not have to pile on pounds of make-up. As my sister had to tell me when I apply too much, "please take off some of that foundation because you look like a female impersonator"! The natural look is always the best choice but if one wants to wear color please stick to fabulous earth tones, plums, metallics and funky colors and false eyelashes are for the nightlife only.

I thank God for created make-up. The old saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"!

No comments: