Sunday, December 21, 2008

25th Anniversary UNCF Mayor's Masked Ball

Jeffrey Osborne(he's still living?), Atlanta's Mayor Shirley Franklin and comedian Maurice Jenkins.

Shirley Franklin looks beautiful as always in her red ensemble with her amazing statement necklace.

Dorys Erving, Julius Erving and Sheree Whitfield

Dorys Erving and former NBA legend Julius Erving
I really thought Dorys Erving was Julius's daughter instead of his wife. He looks like Moses next to her. Anyway, she looks gorgeous in this avocado Oscar de la Renta taffeta strapless dress.

The real housewives of Atlanta Sheree Whitfield just look OK and it's not anything special about her boring black ensemble. For her to be in the fashion industry, she is not giving me any fever!


Producer Roger Bobb, actress Demetria McKinney, real housewives of Atlanta Lisa Wu- Hartwell and husband Ed Hartwell

Demetria McKinney looks amazing in her burgundy satin dress. I love the color and silhouette of Lisa Wu-Hartwell purple satin dress.

Talking about oldies but goodies! Marilyn McCoo, Billy Davis Jr. and Sheryl Lee Ralph all look fantastic.

It's confirmed that Dawn Lewis it trapped in a time warp because she is still dying her shoes to match her dress. Lord help her!

I know major designers are not knocking down Kim Coles doors for her to wear their garments but she has to take it to a higher level than this. What's up with the stars on the dress? How can she think this was a sophisticated dress?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

s is Kim Coles. May I say that I respectfully disagree with you about my dress. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, Perhaps it did not photograph well but my dress was a formal custom-made silk fabric floorlength with a train and matched the mask because I made it. (the mask that is !) I know that we all have different opinions and styles but I certainly felt pretty in my dress. The shape of the dress was sophisticated and classic although the stars on the fabric were meant to be whimsical, fun and and have a sense of humor just like me. Sorry you did not approve or get it but I liked it! . May I say for the record it is really hard when you spend the night smiling and hugging everyone and taking pictures all night only to have those same folks post the pics and comment. You are anonymous to me but I bet I was sweet to you. I usually do not respond to blogs, but so far two people dissed my look and I wanted to speak up... just expressing my opinion.
I wish you a Happy Holiday ,kc

Anonymous said...

Kim, I truly apologize because I didn't know the dress was a custom-made silk fabric because it didn't photograph well at all. I am sure is was beautiful in person. I love you on TV One and Living Single is still my favorite sitcom to this day which I watch every night. I also wish you have a bless Christmas and Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Where did they dig up all of these 19 ooh-ooh people?