Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Change Has Come To America


Hallelujah, Thank you Jesus! I screamed, cried and I am still in shock that God bless me to be alive to see the first African-American president. America needs a change and Barack Obama is our only hope. We have to continue to pray for him because this is the only beginning to a long journey. The celebration at Grant Park was just amazing and a sea of all nationalities from African-Americans, Caucasians, Latinos, Asians, and Native Americans all coming together for change. Yes we can!

I would love to hear from others about their experience voting today and what this historic event means to them.

3 comments:

Deanna Jackson said...

I have been emotional regarding this election because in my heart, I saw a president in OBAMA long ago because of his vision, intellect and poise. Words can't express the joy I feel right now. Change is in the air!!!

Anonymous said...

I attended the rally in Grant Park to celebrate this historic event for my grandmother. She remembered when she wasn't allow to vote and now to see the first black president is unbelieveable. Barack Obama will bring change but like he said we can't expectt change over night.

smart black girl said...

I voted yesterday and I'm happy people woke up and saw that old-fashioned politics won't work anymore. It's truly a new day!