Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mercedes-Benz Spring 2010: Thisday/Arise Magazine

TIFFANY AMBER









DAVID TLALE









ERIC RAISINA







JEWEL BY LISA FOLAWIYO





Thisday/Arise Magazine Spring 2010 was on fire once again! I said it time and time again and I will say it once more that no one and I mean no one can design stunning, creative garments like African designers.

The Nigerian designer Folake Folarin is the brian child behind Tiffany Amber. She is a fashion genius when it comes to colors and prints. Her garments just flows on the runway. The talented designer has three boutiques located in Lagos, Nigeria. Tiffany Amber will soon have online shopping for you fashion divas! I know my girl V. and Doris will kill for her pieces.

David Tlale is the South African designer with a funky edge. His garments are unique and the craftsmanship is superb. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Tyson Beckford. After all these years he is still scrumptious.

Eric Raisina is rooted in his Malagasy family background. He is known for his Cambodian silk weaving and dyeing techniques. His garments are fill with vibrant colors and interesting fabrics.

Lisa Folawiyo is the designer behind Jewel by Lisa. The Nigerian designer understands prints and modern designs. She took Ankara prints to another level with her beautiful crystal, jewel and sequins embellishments. She also has a boutique in Lagos, Nigeria. Her silhouettes are flirty and youthful.

1 comment:

Dina's Days said...

Stunning , everything here looks amazing. Some of the best I have seen.