Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Red Carpet Icon: Tyra Banks






























I learned in life to never say never because never in a million years I thought Tyra Banks would be one of my fashion icons. Tyra has turned her tranny ensembles into a more sophisticated and chic pieces. She even tone down her lace front hair and make-up. It's something about turning 35 that makes a woman become more elegant and subtle.

Tyra Banks starting her career in modeling at seventeen in Paris, Milan, Tokyo and New York. She was the first African American to land a cover on GQ and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. During her modeling career, she and Naomi Campbell had conflict because allegedly Naomi Campbell would threaten designers to not do their show if they booked Tyra Banks. The two supermodels manage to put their differences aside and Naomi Campbell even appeared on the Tyra Banks talk show. The diva won 2 emmy awards for her show which is focus on younger viewers building up their self esteem and promoting positivity in their lives.

Banks is a jack of all trades. She tried acting and singing which was a complete joke in my opinion. I am still going thru rehab for that atrocious single "Shake Ya Body". I still can't believe that no one in her circle told the poor girl that she couldn't sing herself out of a paper bag. Anyway, Tyra found her niche hosting and producing "America Next Top Model". I have to admit, I am still addicted to the show even if she is milking it to death and those poor girls don't get any work after the show.

Say what you want to say but Tyra is a beautiful, intelligent driven African-American woman. She is dating handsome businessman John Utendahl. I am so delighted her style has revolved and she is giving me chic glamour more and more!

No comments: