Sunday, October 11, 2009

Designer Of The Week: Nonja McKenzie















Designer Nonja McKenzie

Nia Long In Nonja McKenzie





Los Angeles stylist turned designer Nonja Mckenzie fabulous silhouettes will make every woman feel sexy and feminine. Nia Long was the first celebrity to wear her designs on the red carpet and she looks stunning as ever in the silver sequined butterfly top and white ruched silk jersey dress.

Her color palette ranged from silver, white, papaya and periwinkle. The silk jersey and charmeuse dresses were simply gorgeous with the lay back California feel. The one-shouldered dresses were remarkable with delicious vibrant colors.

Nonja McKenzie pieces are to die for and I hope to see more celebrities such as Garcelle Beauavais-Nilon or Sanaa Lathan rock her garments on the red carpet.

4 comments:

Deanna Jackson said...

This collection blew me away and thanks to Nia Long, I now know who Nonja McKenzie is. I love to see my sistas doing their own thing!!

Way to go, Nonja!

Awesome Sara said...

oh my god, i think im in love...

rhonda bailey said...

Hey Nonja, your designs are fabulous. Did u design the dress Ledisi wore the night she performed at The El Rey on Oct 9? That dress was the bomb. keep on keepin' on; you are goin' places!!

Anonymous said...

Are u freaking kidding me? Innovative, Hot, Sheek...lol....can u say sheeeet, it's all been done before...I mean the woman has low designers designing for her...this stuff looks like a black womans wannabe walmart outfits and thats where it should be or at a local ross!!