Thursday, April 02, 2009

First Lady Michelle Obama Visits The Royal Opera House

First Lady Michelle Obama and Sarah Brown

I love First Lady Michelle Obama but I think she took it a little too far this time. I love her argyle embellished Junya Watanabe asymmetrical sweater and teal Jason Wu dress but just not together. I am all for mixing funky pieces with more conservative pieces but this look is just not working for me. It's like she grabbed the sweater at the last moment running out of the house! I am curious to know what you guys think.



5 comments:

Connie said...

I strongly disagree because it looks great to me. The dress is too plain and she needed something to give a some flavor.

Anonymous said...

I don't care for the outfit one bit. What is up with her wearing that pearl necklace all the time?

Camille said...

First Lady Michelle Obama has her own personal style none than any other First Lady. This look may not be for everyone and that is the point.

LadySutton said...

Very trendy look and Michelle pulls it off! I really like the dual patterns in the sweater.

MNB said...

I strongly agree. I felt the same when I saw the pic before reading your comment. I love the dress, I love the sweater, but together... no. The sweater looks too tight on her and buttoned at the last minute. It's edgy though.

She should also dare metal necklaces. I see pearls a lot. I think silver, platinum and diamond would be even more rocking. But I like her mixing different styles (conservative and more trendy). I do that a lot.

I really love her shoes! HOT!