Monday, April 27, 2009

Bea Arthur: May 13, 1922-April 25, 2009

Rue McClanahan, Estelle Getty, Betty White and Beatrice Arthur

Hollywood certainly lost a talented and wonderful actress. Bea Arthur was larger than life and an extremely gifted actress. She had been battling with lung cancer for years. Bea Arthur died on April 25th 2009.

Her most recognized roles were in the 1970's sitcom 'Maude' and my favorite to this day 1990's sitcom 'Golden Girls'. My family and I would watch this magnificent program every week on NBC. I loved Blanche Devereaux because she was feisty and flirty played by Estelle Gettty. I cried and cried because I know she was a gift from God and is truly irreplaceable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What "God"?

Liberian Girl said...

God is the creator of the world and everything and everyone in the world. If you just look at the sky and the universe, you will know God exist.

I don't know what your beliefs are but I know there is a God and his beloved son Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of our sins. We all are his children and he loves all of us.

I pray one day you can accept him into your heart and feel the wonderful peace that this world can't offer. You will still have pain and suffering but God will bring you thru each and everyone.

Anonymous said...

Estelle Getty played Sophia NOT Blanche who was portrayed by Rue McClanahan. I loved these women as The Golden Girls and I do pray that they all came to know The only Savior God gave this world. Yes!!! There is a God who came into my heart and cleansed my foul mouth and took hatred out of my heart. I pray everyone receives this gift of Eternal Life and Salvation from sin, satan and hell fire and damnation. God wants to see no one in hell so receive Jesus today. He is God's Son, god's Word and God's method back to HIM after Adam got us into sin. Don't sleep...without Jesus we are all lost. It's not time to be stubborn. Your soul is at stake. God made this world, oxygen, and everything we would need to exist. You really need more faith to doubt Him than to believe Him.