Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Kanye West Debut His Collection" DW" For Paris Fashion Week









Kanye West and Ciara

I have been following Fashion Week Spring 2012 in New York, London, Milan and Paris for the last few weeks and I do have to say besides Rachel Roy, Rodarte, Giambattista Valli and Duro Olowu, I couldn't wait to view Kanye West's new collection.

The rapper named his line "DW" in honor of his late mother Dr. Donde West.

Most Fashion Critics and Editors hated his collection and said it lacked vision and the garments were ill-fitting, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

The models wore fur pieces, some wore sexy cut-outs, plunged neck dresses and sculptural silhouettes. It was just all over the place for my taste. Even though I didn't feel the pieces had any harmony, it still had that modern street edge.

Unlike Jennifer Lopez or Jessica Simpson, who just slaps their names on the product, West does have a train eye for fashion and his own personal style so his line will develop with time. At least his collection was shown in Paris and will be feature in high-end boutiques.


As a matter of fact, just three days after showing his collection, one of the biggest name in the industry, Anna Dello Russo, Vogue Japan Editor, rocked his black plunged neck dress adorned with the gold plated "Yeezi" chain and all to the Alexander McQueen's presentation.

I can see Ciara, Kelly Rowland and his ex-boo Amber Rose all over this collection!

No comments: