Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Project Runway- "Double O Fashion" : Diane von Furstenberg

The Top Three Designers

My Liberian Diva Korto was in the top three once again . This is her fourth time in the top three. The challenge was to design a fabulous silhouette for Diane von Furstenberg Fall Collection. Korto's chic black and white printed dress with the pop of yellow and the cropped puffed sleeves jacket are just simply divine!


Leanne is letting me have it again! She won for the second week in the row with this stunning combination. She was one of the wise ones to listen to the master Tim Gunn and shorten her jacket. The gray wide collared jacket paired with the dark purple ruffled in the back dress is simply elegant. I have to add her to my final three with Korto and Kenley for the finale at Bryant Park.


I loved Kenley's printed Shanghai inspired dress to death. It was absolutely gorgeous and right on point for this challenge. The judges just wished she added another piece to take it to a higher level.


The Bottom Three Designers

Finally, Finally and Finally heroin addict Stella was booted off for this ill fit and "Dracula" cape ensemble. At first I did not think it was so bad but the execution was hideous.


Joe's Shanghai costume was beyond atrocious. It looked like a horrible Halloween costume! He is another one that I am surprise that is still here.


What the hell was Suede thinking with this mitch-match foolishness? Who in their right mind will mix a herringbone vest with an camouflage print dress? Everything from the fit to the silhouette was all wrong. As Suede would say this outfit was "WACKADOODLE"!

Oh My God, this was one of my favorite challenge to date. I simply worship Diane von Furstenberg. The designers had to create a look for her Fall Collection. The collection was inspired by the 1948 movie "A Foreign Affair" starring the glamorous Marlene Dietrich. She was a cafe singer/spy traveling from Berlin, Shanghai and back to New York, talking about a fabulous storyline. Diane von Furstenberg made a wonderful entrance by walking down her gorgeous stairs at her showroom. The winner of this challenge design would be produce exclusively to American Express card members and part of the proceeds would go to the CFDA Association. This challenge was beyond a big deal! Kenley got on my nerves by crying every two seconds because she only worked for K-mart and Walmart, I guess I would cry too. I was totally embarrassed by Leanne parading around as a spy. It's funny how many of the designers are delusional about their designs. I wasn't impress with many of the designers silhouettes and this was their moment to shine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenley is just too arrogant and she thinks she is the best designer in the world.